Welcome, one and all, to the monthly review of the next great thing in blogging. Okay, I may be a little delusional, but a man can dream, can’t he?
For those of you joining us, this is where I just take brief moment to let you know what’s going on in my mind. I find it’s a good way to be real with this, and figure where I want to go with the month.
So let’s get to it. And we begin with some breaking news.
- Weight Gate 2012 – If you have been following my Twitter Feed, you might have heard me talk about my little New Years Resolution to shed some poundage. Nothing too spectacular and out of the way, I just cut out a lot of the crap, none-to-little sweets, no carbs during dinner, and absolutely, no pop. Just water and green tea, that’s it. (And an occational beer, but shhhh). Well, after all that so far, my progress is as follows: I have lost 18 pounds and 2 1/2 inches off my chest so far.
And, I have not had a single pop all month. It was a goal that I made at the beginning of the year, and I am proud of that accomplishment. I plan to aim for this month as well, one week at a time.
Many people to thank, too many to name individually, but I definitely want to thank my friends on Twitter, and my friends outside, for being such great supporters of my quest. Also, got to give credit to my sister, for being a good guidance to what’s good and what’s not. Here’s to this month getting one step closer to a more reasonable weight.
- Some other exciting news, I was invited to participate in a bi-weekly rountable discussion about retro video games. We have one article out already that you can check out, and keep an eye out on Loud Mouthed Gamers website, and be sure to check out the @RetroRoundtable twitter feed. And say hi to the team, because quite frankly, they’re awesome.
- Adding a whole whack load of links, mainly members of the aforementioned Retro Rountable. Definitely check them out, as they are great writers and reviewers. Some day, I will be as good a writer as these incredible guys and gals; we’ll just have to wait and see.
- I watched several movies this month, but I didn’t get a chance to finish off my reviews. The reason is that two of the movies can only be described with one word, and the other one, I was really disappointed with what I wrote out, so I am going to try again. So without further ado, my one-word review of two of the movies I saw in January. Tintin: Incredible. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Boring.
- Not much gaming this month, working really hard, I just picked up the new Rayman game and picking up the new Deus Ex while it’s on sale. Didn’t pick up any retro games this month, we’ll see what I can do to get the pixelated juices flowing.
- Anyone else experience blogger’s block? What do you do to cure it, besides getting a friend who owns steel-toed boots to kick you in the butt? That stopped working. Hmm, how about a friend with thigh-high Stiletto heels? Nah, too kinky.
You have any questions, comments, suggestions? You own thigh-high Stiletto heels? Shoot me an email (previously)(at)(septicor)(dot)(com). You can also hit me on the twitter-thingy.
Oh, yeah, and I like to end these articles with a short list of the movies coming out this month, and if I have a shred of interest or not. So, let’s get to it.
Yes, I would like to see:
Chronicle – February 3
You know, at first glance, I thought it was a youtube series with a kickass budget. Now it just looks like a cloverfield-like emo flick. But it has a unique and interesting premise, so I am intrigued. Don’t know if it’s worth full admission, though.
Safe House – February 10
Yeah, I know, Training Day 2, but a) Training Day was good, and b) Denzel is awesome.
The Secret World of Arrietty – February 17
Hayao Miyazaki, creator of movies that make me wish I was a child now. I never heard of the Borrowers before, but I really want to see this. Looks beautiful.
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance – February 17
Do you doubt the Nic Cage? Do not doubt the Nic Cage. Embrace the Nic Cage. Besides, how could it be worse than the first one? I say it will be so awful, that will be awesome. You know, like Daredevil.
Act of Valor – February 24
Okay, war movies, I’m not usually a fan of. There are a lot of exceptions. But this one, looks either boring, or gripping. I’m game if you are.
No, I have no interest in seeing:
Big Miracle – February 3
Enough of the animal-saving, Free Willy ripoffs. It no longer tugs at the heartstrings. It really happened? Awesome. Are the animals saved? Wonderful. Does it need to be a movie? Hell no.
The Women In Black – February 3
Daniel Radcliffe not Harry Potter, and not nude. All the best to his career, but I’ll just wait until I care to see this.
Journey 2 – February 10
Oh Rock, weeks before your big Wrestlemania match where you put boots to asses with John Cena, and you give us this? Oh I smell what you’re cooking, and it’s not pleasant.
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D – February 10
Oh yipee, pod racing in 3D? Hand me that blaster pistol so I can shoot myself?
The Vow – February 10
I’ll only see it if it’s a gripping story about the letter A, or E, or I …
This Means War – February 14
Let’s see starring … And … Hmm, and chelsea handler? pass!!
Gone – February 24
Okay. See ya.
Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds – February 24
I think the first two words of the title explain why I have no interest.